Welcome to Soil Science Editing, the world’s first soil and agricultural science focused manuscript editing service. Soil Science Editing is run by Dr. Alex Boon, a British scientific copy-editor with a PhD in the soil sciences from the University of Reading, UK, and a related research and lecturing background. Dr. Boon has worked with many of the major editing companies for over three years and has edited and supported hundreds of pre- and post-submission manuscripts in the soil and agricultural sciences.
At Soil Science Editing, Dr. Boon will work with you directly to optimise your manuscript for publication.
Why choose soil science editing?
- Know who will edit your paper – All papers are edited by Dr. Boon himself. There are no third-party editors associated with Soil Science Editing. You can be certain that an expert with the necessary level of understanding and experience will be working to optimise your manuscript for publication.
- More than just a proofread – Soil Science Editing provides the following services as standard for copy-editing of all incoming manuscripts:
- Full check of spelling and grammar
- Check of US or UK English
- Improvement of logic, flow and readability
- Check for missing information or potential issues that may arise in the review process
- Suggestions for improvements to manuscript structure to ease the review process
- Check for consistency of terminology and notation
- Comment on the overall quality and impact of the manuscript
- Free second edit (<1000 words of new text)
- A scientific editing consultancy service is available. In this service, Dr. Boon will work with you directly to optimise your manuscript. This service includes a full copy-edit of your draft and any or all of the following: journal selection, a detailed analysis of your manuscript, help with responding to reviewer comments, writing a cover letter, manuscript or abstract shortening and manuscript formatting. You will be entitled to ongoing email support from your first draft through to the publication of your manuscript. See the consultancy page for more details.
- Soil Science Editing is proud to provide highly competitive rates for copy-editing and consultancy.
Subject area coverage
Soil Science Editing provides copy-editing and consultancy services for manuscripts in the following fields:
- Soil physics and mechanics
- Land contamination and remediation
- Soil biology and ecology
- Climate change impacts, adaptation and mitigation
- Crop agriculture, horticulture and agronomy
- Environmental pollution
- Soil chemistry
- Sustainable agriculture
- Crop pests and diseases
- Soil–atmosphere exchange
- Atmospheric sciences, urban meteorology and air pollution
If your field of science is not listed here but is within the remit of environmental or agricultural sciences, please contact Dr. Boon to discuss whether his services are suitable for you.
Privacy and Confidentiality Guaranteed
Soil Science Editing is committed to diligence regarding the security of your content. All records will be removed once you are satisfied and no information from your content will be shared. In all cases the copyright of the content remains with the original authors.