Welcome to Soil Science Editing, the world’s first soil and agricultural science focused manuscript editing service. All editing is done by Dr. Alex Boon, a native English-speaking copy-editor with a PhD in the soil sciences from the University of Reading, UK, and several publications in high-impact journals. Dr. Boon has been editing manuscripts since 2015, working with many of the major editing companies, and has supported hundreds of pre- and post-submission manuscripts in the soil and agricultural sciences.
At Soil Science Editing, Dr. Boon will work with you directly to optimise your manuscript for publication.
Why choose soil science editing?
- Know who will edit your paper – All papers are edited by Dr. Boon himself. There are no third-party editors associated with Soil Science Editing. You can be certain that an expert with the necessary level of understanding and experience will be working to optimise your manuscript for publication.
- More than just a proofread – Soil Science Editing provides the following services as standard:
- Full check of spelling and grammar
- Check of US or UK English
- Check of the logic, flow and readability
- Check for missing information or potential issues that may arise in the review process
- Suggestions for improvements to manuscript structure to ease the review process
- Check for consistency of terminology and notation
- Comment on the overall quality and impact of the manuscript
- Free second edit (<1000 words of new text)
- Soil Science Editing provides highly competitive rates for copy-editing and scientific editing. Since Soil Science Editing has just one full-time member of staff, the overheads are low and those savings can be passed to you, the valued customer.
Subject area coverage
Soil Science Editing is pleased to provide services for manuscripts in the following fields:
- Soil physics
- Soil chemistry
- Soil biology and ecology
- Soil variability, survey and mapping
- Land contamination and remediation
- Environmental pollution
- Crop agriculture, horticulture and agronomy
- Crop pests and diseases
- Soil–atmosphere exchange
- Atmospheric sciences, urban meteorology and air pollution
If your field of science is not listed here, please contact Dr. Boon to discuss whether his services are suitable for you. Dr. Boon usually works only on manuscripts in the areas of soil, agricultural, atmospheric and terrestrial environmental sciences to ensure that you always receive a top-quality service.
Privacy and Confidentiality Guaranteed
Soil Science Editing is committed to diligence regarding the security of your content. All records will be removed once you are satisfied and no information from your content will be shared. In all cases the copyright of the content remains with the original authors.